Proud to be cloud
Appistry solutions leverage cutting-edge cloud-based architectures
Cloud-based architectures, with their inherent distribution of storage and computation, provide an ideal foundation for large-scale analytics, where many gigabytes or terabytes of data must be stored and processed. By designing solutions that leverage the inherent scalability, capacity, performance, simplicity and cost-efficiency of cutting-edge cloud technology, we help companies access computational power unlike any currently available.
Our cloud-based architectures unify large quantities of affordable, commodity systems with directly-attached storage, all working in concert to provide you with a single system view that transcends the performance and capacity of any single machine within the system.
The result is a system that combines three core technologies into a single unified platform. First, our system is a High Performance Computing system. Second, it is a Cloud Computing platform. And third, it is a complex analytics platform. We combine all three together with unified storage and computation in a system of unlimited flexibility and power at a truly affordable price.
Appistry’s cloud-based analytics solutions give you:
- Performance Distributed processing and data agility can easily deliver 10-100x performance gains over “big iron” deployments
- Scalability An administrator is able to add additional computers, including their storage capacity, to a running system without a loss of availability of files or administrative functionality. Because tracking and membership are fully distributed and dynamic, the overall system can grow to tens of thousands of systems, or more.
- Capacity The analytics system provides a global view or namespace, aggregating the compute and storage capacity of all attached servers.
- Reliability By allowing the user to specify how many copies of each file to maintain in the system, the system is able to offer high levels of reliability at low cost.
- Geographic Distribution A single instance of a cloud-based analytics system can be deployed across multiple data centers. The cloud is aware of the network topology and will mirror and distribute files across the network so that the loss of any one data center does not limit access to data.
- Disaster Recovery The system is fully distributed; there is no central point of failure. Data ingest and analysis can continue operation even when entire data centers have been removed from the system.
- Availability Every computer in the analytics system is capable of performing analytics computations, managing data and responding to administrative requests. As a result, the system is impervious to the loss of individual or even entire racks of machines.
- Management Simplicity Administrators are able to update computer configurations, system configurations, or any of the running analytics applications without taking the files offline.
- Hardware Flexibility Not all machines in the system need to be constructed from similar hardware. The system can recognize the attributes of each attached computer and utilize their resources accordingly.